Frequently Asked Questions
As an APM, you will:
- Join two different product teams over the course of 12 months and get the exposure to the context needed to drive impact at Shopify
- Get the opportunity to learn from the best leaders in the product craft and solve merchant problems
- Be a part of a strong community of peers to learn from and grow alongside
- Have the opportunity to join regular APM program events to learn from senior leaders at Shopify
APMs will work on a variety of multidisciplinary teams shipping products to merchants around the world.
We will have our next APM cohort in 2024! We will share the start date and posting timeline here before the posting opens and closes
- The APM program is open to candidates eligible to work in the US and Canada who will be located in North America for the duration of the program
- We are looking for candidates who are early in their careers and are aspiring Product Managers. No previous Product experience required
- If you are a Product Manager with more than 1 year of experience, we recommend you take a look at our . If you have had internships or a short stint in product (1 year or less) and want to pursue product further, please apply
- There are no academic requirements for this program, you might be a new grad, a career switcher or just finished up a bootcamp. Whatever your background, if this role is a good fit for you, we encourage you to apply
At the end of the program, participants who meet our full time criteria will be eligible to continue as a full-time Product Manager at Shopify!
Those who do not meet our high bar to convert to full time will leave with extensive product management skills, and a year of hands on experience as a Product Manager!
No, Shopify will not provide sponsorship or Visa support. You will need a valid work permit to be hired, and be available to work full-time in North America for the duration of the program
In order to be eligible for the APM program you must be available for 12 months of full time work, AND be available to work as a full time employee immediately following the program end date
Yes! The APM role is a paid role, and includes some additional perks and benefits!